UPNEEQ® EYE THERAPY TREATMENT
UPNEEQ is a first-in-class topical eye drop treatment for a broad range of adult patients with acquired ptosis or low-lying lids
1. What is UPNEEQ® ?
UPNEEQ is the first, and only FDA-approved prescription eye drops for acquired ptosis, otherwise known as low-lying eyelids. And even if your eyes aren’t low-lying, these drops are literally eye-opening and enhance the lift of your upper eyelids to open up your eyes even more. This also works for eyes that have gotten smaller with age.
2. How Does UPNEEQ® Work ?
By allowing your eyes to open, UPNEEQ also gives you an energy boost similar to that of a caffeinated beverage, but without the jittery side effects! You could have seen that the inverse is also accurate. When the eyelids aren't elevated, it can give us an uneven eye shape, make us look fatigued or depressed, or cause other aesthetic issues. The impacts can have a big impact on your daily interactions, among other things. People will talk to you as though you are tired if you seem tired, and over time, this may cause you to unconsciously act or feel fatigued.
It doesn't just alter the appearance of our eyes for those of us who have developed lid ptosis (heavy eyelids), whether owing to a hereditary predisposition or as we age. Additionally, it can make routine tasks like reading, driving, and staring at a computer screen more difficult. UPNEEQ is a completely novel prescription eye drop for anyone looking to expand their horizons and see possibilities on a whole new level!
3. What does UPNEEQ® Accomplish for your eyes?
To treat acquired ptosis (low-lying eyelids), also known as acquired blepharoptosis, and to improve the appearance of the eyes in those who want wider eyes, UPNEEQ is used as a daily eye drop solution. Most patients see a lifting effect quite quickly, within 5–10 minutes of treatment. Patients in clinical trial tests experienced the eyelid lift's full effects at two hours, and the effects persisted for eight hours. Patients can see more thanks to UPNEEQ as well, even on the first day of treatment. On day 14, 87.8% of patients reported some improvement in eyesight, and 74% reported a visual improvement of at least 50%.
UPNEEQ is designed only to be used as an eyedrop to lift the eyelids. Never swallow this solution or consume it in any other way than as an eyedrop. The amount of solution in each UPNEEQ vial is sufficient for one treatment (one drop in each eye). However, we've discovered that each container typically contains more than two drips.
4. Does UPNEEQ® Hurt?
If properly done, UPNEEQ application has no unpleasant side effects. However, avoid letting the vial tip touch your eyes because it can be painful to push plastic into the eye. Artificial tears are the main component of the eye drops, thus irritation and redness are minor side effects.
5. How long does the UPNEEQ® Eye Drop Treament Take?
Two simple steps can be used to apply UPNEEQ. Remove the vial's plastic tip by turning it. Apply one drop of UPNEEQ to each eye while leaning back. Try not to push the tears out of your eyes as you gently close your eyelids and roll them around for one minute. We refer to this meditation as the UPNEEQ! Then you can raise your head once more and carry on with your day. Due of the 8-hour duration, use just once day. Make sure the vial's tip doesn't come in contact with your eye or any other surface. Remove your contact lenses if you wear them before using UPNEEQ. Please wait fifteen minutes between applying UPNEEQ and other drugs if you are using multiple topical ophthalmic treatments.
6. Who is a good candidate for UPNEEQ® Eye Drops?Everyone wants to appear as awake and attentive as possible at home and in their work lives because it is stated that the eyes are the windows to the soul. Adults who desire broader, elevated, whiter eyes or who are troubled by drooping or tired appearance are good candidates for UPNEEQ, especially if they suffer with a hooded eyelid's impact on their field of vision. Additionally, if you frequently use contact lenses, eyelash extensions, or spend a lot of time staring at a computer screen, you may unconsciously be straining your eyelid muscles and could benefit from UPNEEQ as a strain preventative. Only people with narrow-angle glaucoma or those who are allergic to any of the ingredients should use this medication with caution. We suggest speaking with your doctor about any eye conditions to find out if UPNEEQ is safe for you.
7. What is aquired ptosis?
Adults of any age can develop acquired ptosis, however it happens more frequently as we become older. Our eyelids may droop if the muscles in our eyelids become weakened and stretched over time. Ptosis (low-lying eyelids) can develop for a variety of reasons, such as disorders brought on by a stroke or brain aneurysm, eye infections, ocular tumors, Horner syndrome, or myasthenia gravis. However, UPNEEQ can also be effective in people who have ptosis or not.
8. Is UPNEEQ® similar to visine eye drops?
No, Visine is meant to hydrate the eyes and lessen their redness. While artificial tears make up the majority of UPNEEQ's base liquid, the principal effects are to lift and open the upper eyelids and brighten the whites of the eyes. Visine is an over-the-counter medication that is only used to lessen eye redness and irritation; it has no effect on lifting the eyelids. A prescription drug called UPNEEQ is used only to temporarily broaden and open the upper eyelid and improve the white show.
9. Is UPNEEQ® Eye Drop Treatment Permanent?
UPNEEQ results may be seen with consistent daily application of one drop per eye. A single application lasts between 8 to 10 hours. However, Upneeq’s effects will diminish after the 8-10 hour period, so no, results are not permanent.
10. What Should I Tell My Provider Before Begining UPNEEQ® Treament?
Since there is a minimal chance that UPNEEQ will influence blood pressure, it is important to let your provider know if you have acute angle glaucoma, heart disease, high or low blood pressure, or feel dizzy when sitting down or getting up rapidly. Additionally, let your doctor know if you use any monoamine oxidase inhibitor antidepressants, as these drugs may impair how well your body absorbs the medication. Because UPNEEQ is given topically rather than orally or intravenously, systemic problems are not anticipated.
11.What warnings/precautions are associated with UPNEEQ® ?* Low-lying lids may be related to conditions such as stroke and/or brain aneurysm, Horner syndrome, myasthenia gravis, loss of the ability to move eye muscles, eye infection and eye tumors. Tell your doctor if you have any of these conditions.
* UPNEEQ is a type of medication that may affect your blood pressure. If you have heart disease, uncontrolled high or low blood pressure, or feel faint at rest or when quickly standing up, you should call your doctor if your symptoms get worse.
* Patients with reduced blood flow to the brain or heart, or patients who experience eye or mouth dryness due to an immune system disorder (Sjögren’s syndrome), should use care when taking UPNEEQ. Call your doctor immediately if you feel your symptoms may be getting worse.
* UPNEEQ may increase the risk of eye pressure due to fluid buildup (angle-closure glaucoma) in patients with untreated narrow-angle glaucoma. Call your doctor immediately if you feel increased pressure in your eye after using UPNEEQ.
* Do not let the tip of the UPNEEQ vial touch your eye or any other surface. This can help prevent eye injury or contamination. Each UPNEEQ vial is for one-time use and should be discarded after being used.
Please call (361) 400-2290 for pricing information on UPNEEQ® EYE THERAPY TREATMENT