Injectibles: JUVÉDERM® Treatment
Juvederm is the new generation in Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers. It is a hyaluronic acid gel that is injected below your skin to smooth and soften wrinkles, facial lines and scars. It is also used to add volume and “plump up” areas of the face that have become sallow with age. Most treatments require two or more syringes for desired results, however a cosmetic consultation will help to address your main concerns and treatment plan. Starting at $500 per syringe.
1. What does JUVÉDERM® do?It is an injectable gel that adds volume to facial tissue and restores a smooth appearance to the face.
2. What is JUVÉDERM® indicated for?Juvederm is indicated for the correction of moderate to deep facial wrinkles and folds. The most common areas treated are the "smile lines" around the nose and mouth and the fine lines above the mouth. Juvederm is also used to lessen the downward slant at the corners of the mouth and to increase the fullness of the lips. Dermal fillers can be used to raise scar depressions and replace soft-tissue volume loss in specific areas of the face.
3. How long do the JUVÉDERM® last?Juvederm is the only hyaluronic acid filler FDA approved to last up to one year.
4. Is this treatment painful?A topical numbing agent is applied to the area prior to injection to minimize discomfort. We administer the newest product called Juvederm XC that contains Lidocane to ease discomfort even more.
5. What are the possible side effects of JUVÉDERM®Most side effects are mild in nature and their duration is short. The most common side effects are temporary injection site reactions such as redness, tenderness, firmness,lumps/bumps and mild bruising.
6. Is there any down time with this procedure?Allow approximately 30-60 minutes for the procedure itself. While there may be some redness or slight swelling, most clients experience no downtime. Bruising can be covered by make-up and no further maintenance is required.
There are no restrictions on combining multiple varieties of injectables. Better results can be achieved by combining BOTOX and JUVÉDERM® in the same treatment. Our signature Medical Spa treatment, ‘The Liquid Facelift’, combines Botox, and JUVÉDERM®, for the ultimate facelift, without surgery.At Doucet Med Spa, all injections are performed by our Physicians and Nurse Practitioner. All have superior training, knowledge and experience to customize the precise treatment for you! Please call (361) 400-2290 for pricing information.